Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Faves & Loves

Ok, ladies... Time to spill. Here are my current over-the-counter beauty regimen FAVES and LOVES:


1) Mary Kay, Luminous Wear Foundation for Dry Skin - $20. I love this foundation because I have dry reptile skin. I always feel like makeup shows the dry spots on my face. But this foundation is perfect for that! Mary Kay also has foundation for normal to oily skin. Ask your consultant for a sample! I love this product.
2) Carmex - Just the original Carmex, in the jar. 99 cents. Yup that's right.. 99 cents! My lips thank me every time I put this stuff on! I've got my hubby hooked too. It has been a really dry Winter here, and that calls for some un-cute, reptile chapped lips! The Carmex heals, soothes, and protects. I'm not sure if I could live without it these days. F'real.
3) Maybelline, Volum Express Mascara - Around $6. I buy it in very black, and NOT waterproof. I know picking the right mascara is super tough, and the perfect tube for one person might not be ideal for another. BUT.. this is my favorite one, and I have been married to it for years. And years.
4) Revlon, Lip Butter - Around $7. This is a new one for me! I took myself on a date to Target the other night, looking for a new lip product and struck gold! What I love about it is that it doesn't feel like lipstick, it goes on so smooth and sorta sheer. It's like a cross between lipstick and lip gloss, perfection. I'm pretty sure I'll be back for a few more colors in the verrrry near future.
5) John Frieda, Full Repair Sheer Mist - Around $9. My good friend introduced me to this, so I gave it a shot. It's been great! I spritz a little in my hands and then smooth through my wet hair, especially on the ends. Then blow dry and style like normal. It helps tame and soften my wild hair.
6) The Body Shop, Liquid Eyeliner - $13.50. A few years ago, The Body Shop used to be a direct sales company and my mother in law was a consultant. This is how I found my favorite liquid eyeliner of all time. What makes it so great? I don't know. It just works for me. Smooth line, not sticky, great applicator. The end.
7) Schwarzkopf, got2b Volumizing Styling Powder - Around $6 at the drugstore. (Knock off of Big Sexy's hair powder.) Have you ever used powder volumizer? It's not for everyone but you might just love it! I do. The key is to apply sparingly. Instant volume. Teasing your hair is only optional at this point. LOVE.

What are YOUR current faves and loves?

PS - Have you entered the giveaway at Dejavu Crafts?

No comments:

Post a Comment